Wednesday 3 January 2018

Book of Magic - Altered Vintage Book

Hi again, I hope you are back on your creative track after the Holidays!
As I promised to many of you, I was doing my best to take it easy and rest and relax as much as possible during that time - but now I'm back on the track, getting ready for the new season, new releases and much more!
For a good start - I've got a vintage book after a makeover for you!
As you remember, collecting is my weakness - and buying old books is close to the top of my list, I have to say! I love going through piles of old, beautiful books - simply holding them in my hands and thinking about all the people who'd had them before makes me happy! There is something magical in touching the spines, going through the pages and looking for hidden notes, pressed flowers and letters... and later, once you have a good bunch of books on your shelf you can start the fun...
So, here is my "Book of Magic" - which is also a copy of "The History of the World" printed in 1832. Rare pearl in my collection!
I have to tell you that the altering process was really enjoyable - after adding few layers of tape and paper scraps I added a coat of Art Alchemy Impasto Paints, which are great colourful medium to work on: they are so matte and opaque they work almost like coloured gesso - you have to try that!!!!

I picked a bunch of elements from my fab "rubbish boxes" and glued them on the cover using Art Basics Heavy Body Gel - when the composition was dry it was time to play with colours again!
Using more of Impasto paints I covered all the embellishments and dried them using my heat gun. Then I started adding metallic finish using Art Alchemy Metallique Waxes and more shades of Art Alchemy Impasto paints. I was experimenting and playing until I was happy with the resluts and my cover looked really old and worn out... but still colourful and shiny!
As a finishing touch, I splattered a bit of Art Alchemy Metallique Paint (Gold Rush) and Sparks Paint (Unicorn's Hair) on the top of everything. In a few moments my project was ready!

And what is your favourite altering recipe? Have you got your "go to" techniques and products for this process? I'd love to know!

Here is the list of the supplies I used - all linked to Mixed Media Place Store:



Sending you love and all creative energy

11 comments:

Martina Stoycheva said...

MAGNIFICENT! 😍

Chris E said...

Wonderful...

Audrey said...

It is gorgeous !!!

Allycat said...

😍😍

Susan Battensby said...

Beautiful!

Heather said...

I totally love this book! I love all the goodies you find in your rubbish boxes! ;) stunning artistry.

Lisa H said...

that is sooo beautiful! I love the colors.

Pooja Sharma said...

Just amazing love the colors n the entire make over 😊

Szaneta said...

Wow! Gorgeous !

Seth said...

This is absolutely perfect!

Adamaxford said...

Nice creativity! Amazing that writers are attempting new things. I will hold on to this website for more interesting posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...