Thursday 15 December 2016

Love Once, Love Always - Winter Moods

Hi again my creative friends!
Are into the winter-festive mood already? Decking the halls, celebrating this family time? For us here it is really a magical time of the year - not only I'm home but we can focus on all the nice things people do in the winter time: decorating the house, keeping ourselves warm, enjoying the fire in the stove, drinking hot tea and working on the new things coming out soon!

Following the winter mood I made a little fabric tag, which will decorate my living room - it has a good amount of Art Extravagance Clear Crackle and Snowflake Paste on, as well as tonnes of lace... did I mention already I love lace, crochet doilies and beautiful fabric? I guess the answer is yes!


I was really focused on the cold, winter tones combined with charming vintage style - a marriage of an old, beautiful cabinet card and layers of lace and art mediums seemed to be the answer here.


As my base I used a page from old Prima fabric album - I cut it to the desired size, distressed the edges and glued all the fabric and lace on. I used Art Basics 3D Matte Gel for this step - I dug in my boxes and baskets to find small, but pretty pieces and scraps of lace and I used it for my base layers. In the meantime I applied a generous amount of the Art Extravagance Clear Crackle on the cabinet card, avoiding the face area. This product is drying to produce delicate, a fine layer of crackle, similar to sugar icing. It was just perfect to imitate frost on the old photo!


I covered some of the fabric layers with Art Basics Heavy White Gesso and then continued to work on the composition using some of the vines and flowers from older Prima collections, wire, more lace (!) and of course some metal scraps from my collection. I managed to find a perfect, floral chipboard from Scrapiniec which fitted in between the layers perfectly.
I wouldn't be myself if I didn't use any of my rusty Mechanicals too - although this time I only used 3 of them! All of these elements were glued down with the same 3D Gel.


To add colour I used my homemade tea stain (which is super-duper strong black tea infuse) and a tiny bit of heavily watered down Lindy's sprays. To make the project look it is covered in snow I combined a small amount of Art Ingredients Art Stones and Mini Art Stones with a generous amount of Art Extravagance Snowflake Paste. If you don't know this paste yet - you will fall in love for sure! It makes the most beautiful, natural looking snow effect ever! (You can see it on the edges of the cabinet card, for example).

After my winter tag was dry I could display it in one of my rooms - here it is fitted into one of the frames designed by Tim Holtz. Isn't that just perfect?

Here is the list of the supplies I used to make this tiny project.
All of them are linked to our Mixed Media Place Online Store!


When I was working on this tag I told my husband that flat projects just don't happen to me. In fact, I noticed, the smaller the surface I work on, the more dimension I'm trying to add to it. I guess you can't escape your nature, right?

Sending you all warm winter hugs

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! A nice winter theme with the crochet also!!

olushka-design.blogspot.com said...

It's amazing work!

Инна Aprel_ка said...


Gorgeous work!

Helen said...

what a fabulous creation!

corinne de france MARCH said...

<3 +++++++++++++++

Marci said...

Lovely!

Tsaima Eirini said...

So creative and a different aspect of Christmas spirit!!! Love that vintage style!!

Heather said...

So beautiful...such a peaceful creation, filled with love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...